My Third Chapter
I recently turned 50 (June 2016). I’ve spent quite a bit of time this year considering what that means and what this next phase of my life will look like. The first chapter was spent figuring out life. The second chapter was about working and creating my life. The third chapter is going to be about playing life. This chapter is for me.
Now is the time for me do to the things that I (we) really want to do. I’m no longer stuck in the ‘have to’ chapter of life. My husband and I have built our assets, reduced our debt significantly and have stripped our living experiences dramatically. Our children are now adults and living independent lives. We run our own businesses from home. Life is good.
So now, what do I want to do?
- Be the CEO and Founder of a successful Startup!
- Set up a great plan so that when I want to start relaxing I can.
- Paint beautiful oil paintings.
- Travel to exotic and interesting places.
- Spend my time with wonderful, loving and connected people.
- Cook and cook and cook some more!
- Have the most amazing time with my husband.
- Enjoy my children as adults.
The Room Xchange
Those who know me well not that I’m not one to slow down just because I’m 50. In fact, I’m gearing up. I’ve decided to take all my life and business experiences I’ve accumulated over the last 50 years and utilise it. The Room Xchange has just been born and we’re passionate about reconnecting people, communities and utilising lost resources to create a more sustainable and financially balanced life. We’re just in the infancy stages and will keep you updated via our Facebook and Instagram pages. Please connect with me there and follow the journey as we grow this start up into a fully-fledged company.
Investing in New and Emerging Technologies
Investing in new and emerging technologies have become a core part of my retirement plan. I can’t believe I just said that word. Retirement! Let me rephrase that ‘Relaxation plan’. It’s what is going to set us up for the next two chapters of our lives. I’ll be sharing some insights about our investments and how we find what we’re looking for.
I’m going to write and share my life and business insights with you in my#ThirdChapter blog. I think I may have accumulated some wisdom over the years. I’ll be talking about life at 50, business, investing, stories that will inspire you, relationships and more. So make sure you pop in your details in the form on this page so you can don’t miss out.
Over the years I've accumulated a cluster of sayings or quotes that I've used in life. I've often been told how insightful they are and affective in terms of helping others. So I’ve created some graphics with thought's in the form of images and made them available for you to enjoy, ponder and share if you like. I'll also be sharing quotes from others. You can find them at the bottom of every page.
Entertaining, Events and Food
I’m love, love, love entertaining. Cooking is a massive passion of mine. You’ll always find me taking photos of my food and sharing them on my Facebook. I’m going to start sharing them here too. I’ve also been known to put on a good party, event, workshops and trainings. Something very special happens when people gather together. Keep an eye out on the ‘Attend’ page for upcoming events.
Well, that’s me in a nutshell. Thanks for having a read. Make sure you head over to the #ThirdChapter Blog and have a read and one more thing, please connect with me on Facebook.
If you’d like to find out more about my professional career and life achievements, read on.
The Second Chapter
I’ve had some great achievements in my personal and professional life throughout my second chapter. I’ve also had some tough ones. Although the tough ones gave me the greatest lessons.
I'm about to celebrate my 24th wedding anniversary with a man who is my greatest love and my best friend. We've raised two adult children who are well grounded, socially aware and self sustaining citizens. I’ve been self employed for almost 25 years and made my first round of money via hard work and good property investments. Now we invest in new and emerging technologies. We've managed to reduce our debts substantially and a very low cost of living. My biggest achievement would have to be beating cancer! I’m now six years clear.
Professional Awards and Publications:
- 2009 Marketing Communications Executive International Winner for the ‘Women in Business’ Category
- 2010 Australian Home Based Business of the Year Winner
- 2010 Australian Finalist Business Coach of the Year
- 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Listed in the Who’s Who of Australian Women
- 2013 Anthill Smart 100 Most Innovative Businesses in Australia
- 2013 Anthill Top 100 Cool Company in Australia
- 2014 Self published my book ‘It’s That Easy - Online Marketing 3.0’
Business and Personal Achievements:
- 1992 - Bought our first property in Richmond and created a small cleaning business whilst having our first child
- 1994 - Sold our first house, bought our second one and worked at the Jigsaw Toy Factory selling children’s educational games and toys and had our second child
- 1996 - Independent television producer for Optus Vision (200 episodes of TV) and video producer for a number of corporate clients
- 2000 - Developed a media program called ‘Media Minds’ that was delivered in over 300 schools in Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne and ran professional development workshops for teachers in the area of media
- 2002 - Taught media programs for Gateways (gifted and talented children)
- 2003 - Subdivided our property and built a house
- 2004 - Partnered with my brother in an investment property in Brisbane
- 2005 - Studied NLP and Coaching. Invested in a start up and our first technology investment - Enterprise Group Limited
- 2006 - Travelled through Europe for 3 months with our children and then launched ‘The Red Tent Woman’ business networking events, business consulting and online membership programs for women with events in four states in Australia
- 2010 - Diagnosed with a 14cm tumour on my kidney and endured a radical nephrectomy (Kidney and tumour removal) Whilst recovering I launched what was to be my first podcast show - ‘Red Tent Radio’
- 2011 - Produced and launched ‘The Podcast Masterclass’ online digital training program
- 2012 - Started business consulting again. Another surgery was necessary.
- 2013 - Produced and launched ‘Podcast Like a Pro’ podcast show. Wrote and self published my first book ‘It’s That Easy - Online Marketing 3.0’ whilst recovering from my second surgery.
- 2014 - Had another surgery. Invested in three more technology companies, (Spondo, Manalto and Spiral Toys) and invited to be on the advisory board for Spondo.
- 2015 - 5 years cancer free and stepping into my #ThirdChapter of life
- 2016 - Founder and CEO of The Room Xchange
Ludwina Dautovic has been a successful entrepreneur for over two decades and is the Founder and CEO of The Room Xchange, a peer to peer platform which connects busy, stressed households with a spare room in their home (hosts) with guests who provide a couple of hours of help each day around the house in Xchange for food and accommodation.
Commissioned by Apple and Optus to create an educational media program signaled the birth of her first company, Media Minds. For the next five years, Ludwina and her team ran two-day media workshops in over 300 schools in Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne.
Ludwina then combined her technological expertise with business acumen to provide consulting services to businesses operating in the online space. Today, Ludwina is an investor in new and emerging technologies and has invested in four tech start ups. The Room Xchange, her fifth tech investment, is so far, fully self-funded. With the full support of her commercial partners and strategic advisors, Ludwina is wrapping up her first capital raise with the aim of leading the company towards a global market.
Ludwina is regularly called upon as a commentator in media outlets including Australian Financial Review, 3AW, CMO, Sky News, The Age, The Herald Sun, The CEO Magazine, Business Insider and many more.